Wednesday, June 3, 2009

lot's of time has passed

It has been months since I have posted a blog but I would really like to get better at keeping up with this. I know that I enjoy being able to keep up with others this way so I know that I need to do better. There have been many changes that have taken place since I last posted a blog.
The first thing that happened was in January 2009. Jeremy and I purchased our first home. We decided that we would make Laredo home for a while since there didn't seem to be any way that he was getting out of there anytime soon. We found a house and decided to purchase it. We moved in with hopes that I would be finding a job down there really soon because we knew that we could not continue on forever with not living with each other.
Then something amazing happened....seven days after we closed on our house in Laredo there were 16 job openings for Jeremy. There had not been job openings in months and then all of a sudden there were 16 and one of them was Austin. We were so excited but knew that we could be let down just like we had several times before and in addition to all the other emotions, what would we do with our new house. Jeremy applied for the job in Austin as well as several others and weeks later...I mean weeks later, we finally got word that he received the promotion to the position in Austin.
He was told to report to Austin on May 26 so I started job searching in Austin. After completing applications and submitting resumes I was offered a different position with D&S in South Austin. After thinking everything over....mainly the $$...I decided to take the offer and I too would start full time on May 26 in the South Austin D&S office.
We put our house in Laredo on the market however as of today we have not had anyone interested in it. We have found a new house in the Manor area and we are scheduled to close on June 22.
You might wonder where we are living now. We are in an extended stay hotel. Jeremy's job will pay for us to be here for 30 nights so we are taking advantage of it until we can get into our house. This time around we also won't be moving our own things as that is something else that Jeremy's job pays for. When we first found out that we were moving I was so excited that I immediatly began packing things up; only to find out that the movers will be unpacking what I have packed and re-packing it. I am a little nervous about someone else handling all of my things but it will be really nice to leave everything in it's place until the moving team walks through the door. They will pack and load everything in the Laredo house and unpack everything at the new house, we just have to tell them which room we want it in. I will definitely keep you posted on that experience as this is something new to us.
I am going to do better about updating the blog so check back soon.

No comments: